View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 10:21 AM   #95
Nomadicchefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
IMHO that’s the excuse the local dealer is using not to work on your unit. Your earlier post about buying in one area and needing work at another location needs some clarification. RV dealers are NOT bound to work on a unit they didn’t sell, unlike the auto industry. Dealerships are not franchises that have to meet any standards, they can sell any make model they want with geographical area being the only limiting factor. I feel your frustration and hope you can get the end result your hoping for.
I'm aware rv dealerships aren't bound to work on units, but why turn down the opportunity to make money? They have since called and are coming Thursday to do a full inspection of the furnace, ducting and underbelly. Keystone has denied reimbursement to them or myself, and I will be paying out of pocket. This is our home for work, and dropping it off for a month 4 hours away, not going to happen. Losing all the contents of the fridge, gas there and back to drop off and pick up will be more than the cost of the local service call and hourly rate. They're willing to help, they just were hoping for Keystone's blessing I guess. Either way, it's getting done. Like I said, lesson learned. We are new to full timing, but are learning so much along the way.
Nomadicchefs is offline   Reply With Quote