View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 05:22 AM   #57
Nomadicchefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
These were my thoughts as well but I didn't want to be accused of being obnoxious when trying to help. After looking at the first photo on my desktop computer I could see what you observed as well as the raw wood against the duct in the upper left corner. The wood used in the framing of these campers make excellent kindling and for it to be apparently unchanged would have me suspect water damage or mold.
My apologies flybouy, being already terrified to leave the camper to even go to the grocery store is bad enough, but the "hope you have a fire department nearby" wasn't helpful. As for what you and FlyingAroundRV are saying, something that has me curious is, when they were selling us this tin can, we were told that this model had 1 solid piece of wood throughout. I assumed a giant piece of ply, but when I took the vent cover off I see those seams and it made me furious. I see what your both saying about the way the seams are, and how it looks like water damage. I don't mop the floor, but I do wet swiffer, just not over or right against the vents. Actually I avoid them. The only thing somewhat near this vent, inside the camper, is the breaker box, and behind or underneath it are the water lines. Our hot water heater sits just below the fridge, directly behind it, maybe a foot away. I've had those panels off to check for leaks or damage when we had a -0 night and everything froze up. There was no damage when it thawed, no puddles or water to be seen anywhere. Unless it's something happening below the floor that I can't see. I guess there's every possibility that it was sold to me like this. I always knew that vent ran hotter and it was hot to step on, so I thought I'd change the vent cover to something different, and that's when I found the darkening.
Nomadicchefs is offline   Reply With Quote