View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 07:01 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

I have two "stackable Champion 2000 watt generators". They power my RV without any issues. Typically we don't need air conditioning, so I only take 1 generator on most trips around Michigan. A typical day includes using it to make coffee in the morning and about an hour or two to recharge the batteries if needed (usually every 3rd day).

This past summer I noticed a "funny fan noise" on one of the generators. It was about 14 or 15 months old (2 year warranty). I sent Champion an email through their website asking what they wanted me to do. They gave me the address of a "local" repair center. I took the generator there and was told they no longer accept Champion warranty work. I contacted the CS at Champion with this information, they sent me a FedEx tag to ship it back to them in California. I boxed it up, sent it to them, they inspected the generator and sent me a new one in return. The guy I was working with said they could not identify the noise, but agreed that it wasn't normal.

Anyway, the warranty service was without a doubt, the best I've had with that kind of situation. If I were to buy new generators, they would be Champion, based on that kind of support.

As a note, Champion is introducing a new model, a 2000 watt that is constructed similar to the "suitcase generators". It may be a tad bit smaller, but doesn't appear that it will stack (although it can be coupled with a second generator). Whether Champion intends to discontinue the current "stackable style" is something I can't find the answer to. So if you're contemplating buying a second one in the future, you might keep a close eye on availability.

Also, Champion now offers a 3 year warranty on their products. Previously it was 2 years.

I'd buy Champion again without question, if that's of any value to you, I can't say......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote