View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 04:04 PM   #34
Mcfeeley

Here's my initial impression with the system. We just purchased in June a new 2018 Cougar travel trailer. Self leveling was a must. Ground Control 3.0. When I went to pick it up after it was prepped, I questioned the service technician if the clearance of the rear pads was right. There may be four, five or six inches off the ground. He said they were right. We drove 20 miles over paved highway with only two right hand turns to my storage lot. On the drive I noticed nothing unusual, but when I had the trailer parked I noticed a very bent rear pad on the right side. The best I can figure is that I hit a pot hole somewhere. The pad is very heavy gauge steel. There is no bending it back easily. I looked on line for a replacement foot. The only one Lippert has is a pinned footpad. The two back jacks do not have a pinned pad. The pad is welded to an inner long sleeve that moves up and down within the outer jack sleeve. No apparent way to remove the foot. Besides, I didn't get this feature to have to monkey around with leveling again. In our storage lot I noticed another new Keystone trailer of about the same size with the identical set up. Rear jacks that are equally low to the ground. I'm no RV engineer but the design just doesn't seem right and looks prone to trouble.
Mcfeeley is offline   Reply With Quote