View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 12:42 PM   #12
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimandMarilyn View Post
Hello,
Well, we've had our 5th wheel now for almost 2 years and have enjoyed it a bunch!
So, here's my question- we are planning a "big" cross country trip this July, about 3500 miles. So, we bought new in July 2018 and I am worried about the age of the tires. Still looking okay on tread but I've read enough posts on here to be worried that they are getting old. The RV is a 2019, but I know the tires are older than that. I took pictures of everything written on them but can't figure out a "code" for the date. there is an oval with 0818 in it, what does this mean?

And the brand is Trailer King...made in China!

Thanks
With tires that have sufficient load capacity reserves - when serviced properly - I drive them into the 3rd year. Not very far, just to a convenient place to have it done at the end of their three years of service on my trailer.

Your trailer was built after the RVIA mandate for 10% tire load capacity reserves.

There are ST225/75R15 LRF all steel cased tires at tire retail stores. Just a little extra information if you desire to go higher with your load capacity reserves.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote