View Single Post
Old 08-29-2022, 06:06 AM   #48
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfredapowell View Post
I'd go to a dealer who sells multiple brands and listen to the generators at different loads before buying. I'd also do some research here into longevity and upkeep. I bought two Honda eu2000i in 2012 (one for my trailer when traveling and the other to connect in parallel when the power goes out at my house). I've had no issues and do all of my own maintenance. When my solar panels do not receive enough sunlight to charge my batteries, I only use the one I keep in the trailer.
I'd look "long and hard" at the credibility of that website to "make recommendations about an RV generator for campground use. Their "first choice" is the Champion 76553. THAT IS AN "OPEN FRAME CONTRACTOR GENERATOR"...

It is NOT (I repeat NOT) going to operate anywhere near 59 dB. The Champion spec sheet lists 68dB (at 1/4 load). Most National Forest/National Park campgrounds limit all machinery to 60 dB. That "first choice" isn't close when you go beyond the 1/4 load (950 watts) demand on the generator.

While they may have spent (as the article suggests) "tens of hours reviewing technical specifications and customer feedback", they apparently never set up that generator in a campground and watched the faces of the campers in the adjacent sites.....

Open frame generators are not good choices for use in any camping environment except for "boondocking far away from any other campsite".....

Your choice of Honda inverter generators (or most other inverter generator brands) is a much better choice than what's offered as "first choice for RV use" on that website !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote