View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 12:24 PM   #1
CHIEF MK

Passport Quality

We just got back from a 2100 mile trip, and The Passport has a few problems. We have around 7,000 miles on our 23RB, and I'm finding out how well a light weight trailer holds up. I must say were a bit concerned of the build quality of this TT.

1st trip the large drawer under the stove came open while we were on the highway, and destroyed the rails. Had to make a roadside repair in extreme hot weather. It still doesn't work right. It's a very cheap design, and the materials are cheap. We had a skillet and a pan it when this happened.

2nd trip, and all other trips, we find 3 or 4 of either the cabinet doors, or galley drawers open which always screws something up. Either the frame of the cabinet's get pulled apart or something falls out, or the rails get bent. Now I do know how to secure a vessel for sea, having been in the Coast Guard for 20 years. We check and recheck everything prior to moving.

3rd trip, the trailer lights kept going out, and blowing the fuses out in my TV. Had to take a 6 hour detour to find a keystone warranty repair shop. They found a faulty wire in the trailer. They fixed it with no cost to us except an extra day on the road.

6th trip, after 7 hours of interstate we parked at the CC, and found the entire window cornise, blinds,curtain and wood frame that's over the slide outs couch, laying on the floor. A bunch of screws on the floor also. No privacy for that night. I can't believe they just stabbed a few screws into the cheap walls to support this stuff. The couch was also pulled away from the wall, and the screws that hold it to the wall were missing. The A/C is also short cycling, in 80 deg weather.

Were not to happy. We spent good hard earned money for this thing and we are pretty much ready to get a higher quality trailer. The dealer said he is very sorry, and the owner said for me to bring it in and they will totally go through tis rig and fix all my concerns.

Think we are going to trade up if we can.
CHIEF MK is offline   Reply With Quote