View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 09:41 AM   #9
Audionut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
The adjusting isn't that bad if you understand how the accu slide works. There are many videos on it....watch them. Read the manual. Your cables are not right so do your due diligence. Trying to use them as they are will lead to problems.

As a new RV owner be sure and pose any questions/concerns on this forum to our members. We have a wealth of knowledge here and so many willing to help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by German Shepherd Guy View Post
I would second that. The tension bolts on the cables can back off but that is a lot we are seeing in your picture.

First thing I would look at is the motor mount coming loose. Mine was just screwed into the paneling with no frame members involved. It pulled nearly all the way out. (2018 RBPR) Even after I fixed that there still needed to be some adjustment to the cables which only requires a wrench and reading the instructions. Hard part for me was that all the facia on the slide had to be removed so that I could access the motor and the cable tension adjustments. In our case the facia was NAILED on so that there was no putting it back the way it came off. I ended up using drywall screws to reattach it and it not only came out looking good but I now have easy access to the motor and cables.
Good luck, it is not that hard once you have clean access to the parts.

Well that is a concern.

It is one thing if the cable was just out of adjustment, but if there is structural damage or loose mounting brackets, pulleys or a loose motor mount, that is another issue I am not sure if I would want to tackle.

I had originally thought fixing it could wait until we got to south Texas when we leave after Christmas, then I could flounder through the cable adjustment on my own time.

But if it requires more than my miniscule camper knowledge I may be better off having the dealer look at it here in the snowy north. (It is 8 degrees here and with 25 mph winds and according to the Weather Channel it Feels Like -11)

So even driving out to storage, hooking up the camper and taking it to the dealer will be an uncomfortable undertaking in this weather.

But I think I would be more comfortable with our local dealer than an unknown dealer in the McAllen, Tx area.

EDIT: And to complicate matters more, I am scheduled for surgery this Wednesday and won't be able to do ANY lifting for at least 2 weeks. So I will need to move the camper to the dealer either today or tomorrow BEFORE surgery. So not looking forward to moving it.