View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 01:41 PM   #14
LHaven

On the balance, I like my inCommand. I encountered one issue with it early on, where it wouldn't operate the furnace or air conditioning at extreme temps when you most needed them, but given that it ended up being a Dometic interface box problem, I'm not sure an old-fashioned thermostat wouldn't have encountered the same issue.

In my rig at least, the lights have manual switches as well as being controllable by inCommand, so that's not an issue. In fact, I have one bank of lights in the slide that is only controlled by switches, and I wish inCommand could control them. I am aware there are pushbutton bypass controls for the awning and slide, though I've never had to use them, plus the rig came with a manual slide crank, so belt and suspenders.

I like being able to turn the inside and outside lights on in my rig when I have to walk out to it on a moonless night, and off when I get back inside. I like being able to adjust the air conditioning or furnace temperature from my bed in the middle of the night without getting up. I like being able to extend the slide from outside while I'm watching for obstructions. I like being able to see the black tank water level from outside when I am using the SaniFlush port. And on the rare occasion when I have to leave the pets in the rig to go somewhere that doesn't allow them, I like being able to monitor the temperature inside the rig remotely, and adjust it if necessary.

Certainly I could live in a rig without the inCommand, and did for years, but it's grown on me, and I appreciate having it.