View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 07:38 AM   #8
GeekSquadOfUn

I have a 2019 Cougar 315RLS and love it all. iN-Command included.

Admittedly I am pretty tech-savvy and love intelligent gadgets. I have an wireless RVLock and smart TVs (Alexa/Google Assistant) in my unit, and a few other things....

The auto levelling is not controlled by it, it has its own wired control panel in the left compartment. Works well for me and I like it.

The features I like the most: controlling my AC and furnace from my bed and the awnings from anywhere, often outside when the wind picks up while sitting outside. Slide outs are great too.

Turning the water heater (E, G or both), water pump, the ceiling vent and the lights are nice to have.

My friend purchased a 2019 Montana HC and his 330RL does not have it, he admitted last week after seeing my experience, that he wished he had it.

The problem as I see it is a generational issue. Typical RV buyers are baby boomer or olders, and many have a hard time with new tech ( I was a Microsoft/Cisco engineer and trainer for many years). It was a gutsy decision for Keystone to embrace iN-Command, I'll give them that much. I guess they are trying to appeal to younger demographics. I can only imagine the round table discussions they had over this...

More RV manufacturers are doing it each year. ASA Electronics had to make it more reliable, it took a few years. It is reliable now. The Global Connect version is stable and ready for prime time.

Dealers IMHO have a hard time keeping up with new anything, let alone iN-Command and mobile phones/tablet. Most have a hard time changing the Ring tone on their phones.

It will take a few years, but we'll get to a point where, one day, all RVers will reminisce over the buttons of yesteryears.
May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.
GeekSquadOfUn is offline   Reply With Quote