View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 08:35 PM   #29
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
George,

It's "Miller Time"….. (you've earned it)

PS: I wasn't expecting anything for Christmas, but since you put it the way you did, I'll stop checking the mailbox every day.....

PSS: Glad it worked out for you and that you now have a system that receives video and actually works....

PSSS: When I did mine, I used zip-ties to secure the cable to the gas line along the trailer frame, ran it up (into the trailer) inside a floor to ceiling cabinet, then drilled a 3/4" hole to pass the camera connector into the trailer from under the center clearance light. That's also in a cabinet, so no cables are visible inside the trailer....

I ran the "truck end of the trailer cable" up through the cutout for the landing gear, coiled all the extra cable above the center cargo door and used a "fish steel" to pull the end into the pinbox "above the fiberglass skin" and installed the connector there. The coiled cable is wrapped around the 7 pin cable and both are run to the "in-bed connectors" on the inside of the PU box....

Anyway, sorry about the rocks under your trailer, hopefully your skin will heal and you won't need to get under it again, at least for camera wiring.....

PSSSS: With a name like "wiredgeorge" you can't possibly be satisfied with a wireless video system anyway..... <just sayin'>

Merry Christmas !!!!!
Many thanks for putting me on the right path with the wired system. I don't have a "fish steel" so stuck a 3' rifle cleaning rod through from the front and zip tied the cable connector and pulled it through from the front. My gas line is on the passenger side so just followed all the wires for the tank sensors to behind the rear shackle and tied up the extra wire and stuffed it up in a recess behind the bumper. It would have been difficult to fish the wire up through the back wall as there is a galley gray tank sitting in the way and a big window across the back. There are no cupboards on either side that go floor to ceiling. And being a 2002 trailer, the amount of dried dirt under the trailer made looking up nasty... missus made me go shower as soon as I got in the house... looked like that Canadian Prez in blackface bwhahahaha
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote