View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 07:07 PM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbilly13 View Post
Thanks for the input. The flexible coupling seems like a pretty good fix for now. I'm frustrated after spending nearly an entire day fixing this, so I'm done for this day.

The spout is definitely ruined already with the broken piece of pipe glued inside. I can revisit later and try to get the broken part bonded back together and then clamping for added strength. I was originally trying to do that, but it was 34 degrees and I couldn't take it anymore.
If the tank outlet is intact except for the broken pipe section that's glued inside it, you can use an emery wheel (similar to a drum sander) and clean the pipe out of the outlet. It's certainly not something I'd want to do in 34F weather, but on an "idle weekend next summer" when there's nothing else on the schedule, you might consider removing the flex coupling, sanding the old pipe section out of the outlet and using LOTS of glue/PVC filings and a new section of pipe to insert into the outlet. Let it dry for several days before using the tank.

Like you, plumbing is my "least favorite past-time" so anything I can do to fix it so it will last is one less time I'll have to look at it.....

You might be able to save the gray tank if you can get the pipe sanded out of the outlet and install a new one.... Essentially, that's what you're going to be doing if you replace the tank anyway.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote