View Single Post
Old 11-30-2019, 08:40 AM   #14
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacinAfgn View Post
Okay Keystone Team... active service member here with likely assignment to Europe on the way. I love my Cougar 28rbh... would it be okay to store indoors or out for 24-36 months? Selling may not be an option as I’m likely a little under water on it. However, it’s just been my passion to keep it brand new since 2013 when I bought it. I hate to lose her! Ideas or anyone else with long term storage experience?
As others have stated in the long term selling it would be I believe in your best interest. With that said, I understand that being "underwater" you may not have the cash to "make up the difference" between what you can sell it for VS what you owe. None of us know you're exact situation, nor do we need to. I'll render a few suggestions you may or may not have thought about.

I"d suggest first calling the lending institution and getting the "payoff" amount which will be different with each month and payment made. I'd also suggest talking to them, and other financial institutions about your situation and other options. Sometimes you can sell with a "take over payments" sale or possibly securing a "personal" loan (unsecured loans require a higher credit score and have higher interest rates) to "make up the difference .

Before letting it set for 2 to 3 years if selling it isn't an option I would suggest you pursue leasing it out. You never know, someone could be looking for a camper to live in for a time while their job has them in the area or while they build a house. Just something to think about.

Good luck with your decisions and thank you for your service.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote