View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #6
DennisT

hose

Hank, that's the first thing I noticed after I pulled off the outside panel - I was standing around doing something and I saw a little white lump on the gravel that didn't look like it belonged there. It was the plug with a half-inch of broken tubing around it. Simple plug with 3 or so holes drilled in it to let the water out.

Since my last post I took a better light out and found that I could remove two screws above the opening and a small piece of that cheap wood panel came out. Now I can see up enough to see where the hose attaches. There is a small ty-rap holding the hose on the fridge end. I think I can reach that now get it off, and use the same space to reattach a new hose.

The black metal tubes that run back-and-forth on the rear of the fridge: do they run hot or cold? I know every fridge I've seen has those but I can't remember if they get hot when the fridge runs. If I can, I could ty-rap the new hose a little bit to one of those as a strain-relief as the hose passes down and out.

Thanks for the help. I can see my way out of this now.

Dennis
DennisT is offline   Reply With Quote