View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 07:26 PM   #37
ChuckS

I feel for the OP having so many issues with his RV. But.. it’s a home on wheels that takes a beating from the road ways, temp changes, etc..

GD isn’t any better, neither is FR, nor Jayco... big issues to me would be appliance failures, frame issues, cracks in the sides, electrical wiring...

Cabinet doors coming loose, trim moulding , etc are “normal” occurrences you just have to learn to be prepared for. Learn how to fix thins, be proactive, educate yourself on how each appliance works, how to repair, etc...

My latest RV IS A 2014.. Took back to dealership one time for stress cracks on the rear cap.. Repairs were completed .. no further occurrences.

Latest repair on my 2014 was removing the inadequate SM screws used to hold the awning rear rail on to the filon side wall.. used tri lock rivets.. it won’t come loose again and is a permanent repair.

With resources like this group, Utube videos, common sense and some basic mechanical and electrical skill sets the average RV owner should be able to keep his RV in good shape for many years.

YMMV

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel