View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 05:30 PM   #29
sourdough
Site Team

"I agree with whoever said this is not JUST a Keystone problem. This is a customer problem. We as customers keeping buying homes that are NOT as advertised and we remain silent when we are on the hook for solving quality or design problem"

Excerpt from LBlack post 18.

100% right. And the thing I don't understand is those that defend the industry, and say it's not their fault..... In fact, I am tired of hearing it. But, I count myself among the guilty customers that LBlack is talking about.....If I didn't love camping so much I would never put up with crap the industry puts out.

Post from RWRiley #26

LBlack's post is very long and outlines a myriad of issues with the RV all the while saying it should be built like a S&B for 150 sq.ft. Sorry, don't get that. Now I've not priced a new home in his area but I have in many areas....not such expensive areas BUT 150 doesn't get in the picture. In my little off the wall, unwanted berg in W TX you can't build a NEW house for less than about 210 sq. ft. That is of about August of last year. When I retired I swore, SWORE I would not stay in my town. Let's think about what that would cost; Lubbock, TX - 225sq. ft.; Reeds Spring, MO; 250 sq. ft. (5 yrs ago); Wakulla County FL: avg. 300 sq. ft. and the list goes on and on because I was actively pursuing building a new home. So for real life in most places 150 won't be accurate.

Now we are discussing building a S&B sitting on a slab with the same roofing, appliance etc. requirements vs an RV....but wait, they don't go down a highway at 70mph, it doesn't have running gear to gripe about. That foundation isn't "bent" up and down every time it is set up, it's not subjected to all kinds of torque from twisting and turning...again the list goes on and on. Plus, it is built so you can actually "hook it up" to a tow vehicle and take off down the road. Try that with your S&B.

RWRiley's statement is just contradictory from the gitgo. I read most every post on here. I've not seen anyone "defending" the industry; there are those that understand it and know you have to live with it if you want to RV. Others, as RWRiley and every other person with a mindset like that, continue to purchase the product knowing what it is then rail against the wind about the poor quality blaming who? Themselves.

I guess I don't get it. Buying an RV is a known situation. Either avoid it or join in and accept it. It does absolutely zero good for the owner or anyone else to just rant about things you knew you were getting...to what end? Will all that change the direction of RV manufacturing? Absolutely not. It's pointless and has no objective. IMO if you hate it, if you feel like you made a poor choice knowingly but can't accept it...divest yourself of it. But don't keep buying them, enjoying them then carry on about how much you hate them. As RWRiley said...yes, I am tired of hearing it.