View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 02:14 PM   #22
pdaniel

Interesting to read the initial comment and all of the replies concerning the manufacture of our RVs.
I am on RV number 6 having owned mostly towables and one truck camper of differing manufacturers.
Two towables I had were notorious for plumbing leaks. Easy fix. One towable, a Cougar was a nightmare of issues from the terrible cable slide system to the power supply. A fridge that did not cool sufficiently and a forced air furnace that didn’t force much air (with the exception of exhaust outside). An “arctic insulation” package that was far from being considered insulation.
So, after possibly giving Keystone another chance, we passed on their Montana for our extended living. I found many of the same design issues with Montana as I did with our former Cougar. So, we opted for a manufacturer that I had never heard of. And, yes, there are some things I have repaired (easier to repair a piece of trim that take it back to the dealer to fix-cost of fuel) but other than that I have a much better experience snowbirding in the fifth wheel be bought from Brand X than Keystone.