View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 01:50 AM   #1
tweetzone86

Sudden loud pop woke us up-help?

2019 Keyston Hideout 26lhs here. First rv we've owned.

It's 2 am-ish and upper 40's low temps (and we do have rain moving in-north Idaho). Hubby and I woke up to a really, really loud pop, followed immediately by a high-pitched sound similar to a balloon emptying (like when you were a kid and held it where it would almost squeal as it empties). It lasted for about four or five seconds (the squeal, the pop was very sudden).

Immediately after heard a pack of coyotes howling up a storm right outside the trailer. They're gone now, it sounds like, or off hunting not sure, but not going outside to check in the dark (I should mention we are on our 5 acre farm living in rv while we build our house so there's no streetlights out here at all. It is part of what used to be a 4,000 acre ranch so coyotes could be anywhere). I am starting to wonder if one of them ran into the trailer as they were passing through, but again-not sure. Troubleshooting at 2 in the morning isn't easy...

Also noted furnace kicked off at the same time, but it seems to be working now. Didn't feel any shift in the rv's balance, so I don't think it was the jacks or anything (I also have jack stands at all 4 corners as well, since one jack had given out suddenly while adjusting and is now bent up). Fridge is doing it's low hum as business per usual. We do still have propane hubby was able to light the stove. No gurgling or banging, just the absurdly loud pop and subsequent "balloon" squeal.

Any idea what on earth could have caused that loud pop? About sent us through the ceiling it scared the crap out of us.

Thanks! Much appreciated! Praying it isn't major just because this is our home right now and I have chickens and we're building the house ourselves so really don't want to have to hotel it for a few days (our local town is 700 people so a hotel would be 25 miles away that I'd have to drive first thing in the morning every single day, and I homeschool so the kids won't have anywhere indoors to go).
tweetzone86 is offline   Reply With Quote