Thread: Propane Gauge
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 07:21 PM   #49
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Why have the auto changeover regulator & close one bottle, that negates the "auto" part of it.

It never failed that the bottle went empty in the middle of the night while running the furnace, the biggest LP hog on any RV, so I open both & made it a habit of checking that it had not switched every time I dumped the holding tanks. In the past several years have never had both bottles go empty & also have not had to go out to switch in the middle of the night.

If not running the furnace all the other LP appliances don't use much gas, 1-20 lb should last a very long time.l

Yup!! I used to be part of the “leave one closed” until that one night/early morning when it was snowing and my interior temp was in the 40’s. Had to get dressed and trudge through that freezing stuff. NEVER again. I make it a habit to carry a spare cylinder and check my regulator every 3 days. The spare can go on at anytime and I’m not rushed to refill at the campground price.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote