View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 08:20 PM   #33
temccarthy1

Re: First time set up question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
You have received some comprehensive lists. If you are in a complicated site my wife and I use our cell phones to communicate while she tells me of things I can't see. I have hands free so I can just maneuver and talk.

Also, you did not mention a surge protector. If you don't have one you need to seriously consider one before you start camping a lot. I know the empty wallet feeling but our surge protector has more than paid for itself. The Progressive and Surge Guard brands are good and I would recommend the more expensive ones that show their line analysis.

Good luck on your trip and HAVE FUN.
DITTO on the Progressive brand Electrical Management system! we bought a 60 buck surge protector when we bought Our Bullet 2 years ago, but then started reading all the forums about how LOW voltage or constant HIGH voltage , not surges, can do even more damage and how common it is. I bought a Progressive 30 Amp Electrical Management system from Amazon this year.. pricey at $269 but LIFETIME warranty! In our 6 camping locations this year TWO of them had serious voltage problems so my system shut down our power if there was a voltage spike or low voltage and automatically turns it back on when the voltage returned to normal, saving our expensive electronics and AC unit. One NY state park had a serious over voltage of over 134 volts at which time the system shut down my power and this happened 4-5 times a day for the whole 5 days we were there! I spoke to the Ranger about it and he said they were well aware and the engineers hadn't gotten around to fixing it! He said he knew it will cause a shorter life to appliances and electronics but very few people have reported it because very few have a top line device like I do. Another campground in NY state had low voltage under 108 V several times and my system shut it down! GET ONE OF THESE! it gives constant LED readouts of Volts, Amps, hertz and error codes.. and can save you thousands in replacement of AC, microwave, TV, stereo.

Tim, Ramona and dog Scruffy
1982 Coleman Sun Valley PUP (retired)
2014 Keystone Bullet Ultralite 285RLS TT
2013 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4L V8 Triton
Equalizer E2 WD Hitch
temccarthy1 is offline   Reply With Quote