View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 12:56 PM   #23
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailsport07 View Post
Yes I am so far satisfied with my JAYCO. And what I'm getting at is they should have left it as people choice to buy the Couger or the light. And up till 2014 the couger had a walkable roof and better suspension. And yes quality is going to go down as they use cheaper lighter material. You cant say it wont. Couger was one of there better trailers now look what they did to it. You already have former owners saying its a deal breaker with no walk on roof. They are selling these new ones to people with no experience.
Ford did away with the Crown Vic, Chevy with the Caprice, heck, GM completely dumped Pontiac and Oldsmobile, Ford dumped Mercury and Chrysler stopped making Plymouths. As the market changes so does the availability of models and brands. The point I was making is that Cougar sold more trailers than ever AFTER they stopped making the "full weight models". You have stated it incorrectly when you say, "Cougar WAS one of their better......" Cougar still IS one of their better trailers. Thousands will be sold this year and there are 10's of thousands on the road, almost all owned by "satisfied customers". As for "former owners saying it's a deal breaker, for every one of them, there are a hundred lined up ready to buy a Cougar. Not everyone likes vanilla, not everyone likes the "new Cougar" but then there are some still "fussing" about not being able to buy a Pontiac. To each his own, as the industry grinds on, without even a hic-cup.............

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote