View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 05:32 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatfan50 View Post
Thanks. The dealer doesn’t want to fix it under warranty because Keystone denied the claim. They haven’t given me a quote to fix it yet either.
For me, why reward the dealer's reluctance to support you with increased profits paid by you ??? I'd find another competent fiberglass repair center and let the dealer "support another customer's Keystone warranty issues".... JMHO....

ADDED: I'd suppose the dealer's "half hearted attempt to get it covered" is directly related to his reimbursement from Keystone vs what he'll charge you in "shop labor rates" to do the same job... Keystone is "notoriously cheap" when it comes to warranty repair reimbursements. Chances are they're paying the dealer $75-80 per hour in shop labor rates and the dealer will be charging you $125-150. So, if Keystone were to authorize 5 hours for repair, the dealer would make $375 plus parts.

If he words the request so that Keystone denies the warranty claim, he can charge you $625-750 for the same job.... Why would he "push Keystone to approve it" ??????

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote