View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 09:06 AM   #30
SummitPond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
... Only time you should be adjusting inflation is when the tires have not been run or in direct sunlight for previous 2 to 3 hours. ...
You bring up a point I've been curious about. If it's really cool in the morning where you start out and ends up quite warm before the end of the travel, do you bleed or leave the pressures alone? I believe the difference in measured tire pressure between a 40 degree morning and a 70 degree morning is small (assuming no air has been added or removed between the two temperature extremes) but there will be a difference. What should one do? (I hope I'm clear in my question.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
You do realize that "Ply" went out in the 60's ... ... some tire companies use the "ply" designation ...
As for "ply", I was told at a tire store that the difference between a LR-C and a LR-D is two more plies. I opted for the higher load rating and am happy I did so; I'm just curious if I was fed a line based on your prior statement. Thank you.

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote