View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 06:23 AM   #28
Tireman9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Degree View Post
Ok, If over inflation causes problems, then what do I inflate my tires when I first start out? I am rated at 80 lbs and I have been inflating to 80 lbs when I start out. Now, I know as I travel down the highway the tires are going to heat up and the inflation is going to increase. Do I pull over every so often and release air pressure back to 80 lbs? Or, just start out at 80 lbs and everything will be fine?

Not sure which post you are responding too. "Overinflation" is not what you get from the normal pressure increase of running when you started out with the correct load and inflation for your RV. I have seen tires fail from running a 35 psi tire at 60 and a 60 psi tire at 150.

Only time you should be adjusting inflation is when the tires have not been run or in direct sunlight for previous 2 to 3 hours.

Trailer RV should run the pressure associated with the max load on the tire which in most cases is the inflation shown on your RV certification label.