View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 03:58 PM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
Wow - I guess the grass is always greener on the other side! We talk about going somewhere north or west to have Christmas in the snow!

Going to the snow might be OK to have a change of pace and a "white" Christmas, but, trust me, owning a vacation home in the mountains at 9000' (sitting in it right now) and having enjoyed ALL the "white Christmases" (shoveling snow up and down the stairs every time you go out, plowing the road, slipping on the ice, etc. etc. etc.) I ever want to see again (owned it for 24 years), I'm THRILLED to go to FL for winter and kick back eating grouper, shrimp and oysters! Sitting/playing in the snow has lost all attraction it ever had for me.

I will say that there is a time, and we were fortunate enough to have this place, when your kids and grandkids are young enough to enjoy and revel in the "house in the snowy mountains" as my grandgirls used to call it, and be able to play in the snow, go looking for the perfect Christmas tree to cut and then sit in the glassed in living room watching the snow blanket the valley as you trim the tree. THOSE were the days still talked about while we look at all the pics of trimming trees, sledding in our valley, pulling sleds with the Jeep or horses....

There are memories to be made in the snow that are life long, but, as you said, sometimes the grass IS greener on the other side for some, like me, that would now rather sit in some warmer weather and have a new experience vs the old "snow" life.

I'm hoping you find tons of fun looking for the snow and being in it and have all the fun I've had in it in years past. As I said, the memories can last the rest of your life.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote