View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 03:29 PM   #27
JRTJH
Site Team

Mitchell,

We all have life insurance. Some collect on it (well their survivors do) and for some, it was a complete waste of money as they lived longer than the payments....

It's the same with bumpers on travel trailers. Some abuse them with never a problem, some lose their bumper with just the factory installed spare tire. Which is which? Fate more than anything else, I suppose. Who is going to be the next "lucky one" or the next "victim" ??? That's the part where "insurance comes in"... If you don't know if you're going to survive, then buy insurance or don't risk anything that might cause a problem. For me, it seems that "only the fool" would risk it all, without insurance and argue, "But, he did it and it worked".....

Remember, even with insurance, if your bumper injures or kills someone following behind you, insurance or not, you're the one that's got to live with the consequences... Can the guy you see in the mirror every morning be OK with that? Mr Old Fart (that I look at every morning) wouldn't be able to cope with hurting someone else's family, or my own for that matter.

If you're feeling lucky, hang two generators on the bumper. If you're the kind that stubs a toe at every rocky trail crossing, I'd find another place for the spare and know that the bumper is a good place to set a wrench when working on the tail lights...(as long as you don't forget and leave it there).... YMMV

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote