View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 09:48 PM   #20
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mustanger View Post
I was thinking if I should replace my original Provider ST235/85R16G tires with the GY Endurance tires, but I haven't been able to find any this size and rating except LT tires which I do not wish to change to. Am I just not looking in the right places? (sorry if off of thread subject but this thread reminded me of this)
Because your providers are the Original Equipment tires their designated size and load capacity are the minimum requirements for your trailer.

The providers are polyester tires with nylon overlays. The provide 4400# of load capacity at 110 PSI which is way above the RVIA recommendation for 10% in load capacity reserves for your trailer's axles.

Some of the more popular brands on this forum build the same designated size and load capacity tire with an all steel construction. Sailun and Carlisle probably top the popularity list for those steel tires here.

The GY Endurance line-up provides a ST255/85R16 LRE with 4080# of load capacity at 80 PSI. Unfortunately they do not qualify as replacements for your OE tires. The GY G614 RST provides 3750# of load capacity at 110 PSI and, like the Endurance, they do not qualify as replacements for your OE tires.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote