View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 11:43 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

My "best guess" would be that your "alternating red/green flashing light/beep" is a unit malfunction alarm that is being triggered by low voltage. Since it "resets" when you plug in your trailer, the indication is that it's directly related to low voltage.

Here is the comment from the owner's manual for the Saf T Alarm detector:

MALFUNCTION/SERVICE SIGNAL If any malfunction is detected, the
Gas LED will remain off and the Operational/CO LED will alternate
Red/Green and the alarm will sound once every 15 seconds. Press the
Test/Mute button. If the Test/Mute button does not clear the signals, check
the battery voltage. If the battery voltage is not low and the unit will not
return to normal operation, immediately remove the alarm and return
for service or warranty replacement. See the warranty section in this
manual.

What isn't said in the above section of the manual is: If the battery voltage is low and resolving that resets the detector......

I'd say your detector is operating normally. Either keep it plugged in (so the battery won't discharge) or disconnect the battery (so the battery won't discharge). When reconnected, your CO/LPG detector should function normally as long as the battery is above 7 VDC.

Of greater concern to me is the damage that is being done to your battery by repeated discharge below the recommended 70% level. Every time your battery is "depleted" to the point of causing the CO/LPG detector to alarm is essentially destroying the ability of your battery to recover. It's only a matter of time before the battery won't hold a charge and you'll be buying a new one. Protecting it from discharge will prolong battery life significantly......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote