View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 12:19 PM   #39
Jager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpy View Post
1996 T300 KW turned up to 330 HP. Custom made bed and sleeper mounted to the cab like the newer trucks are. The sleeper has a jack knife sofa in it that seats 4 people or can be made into a bed. I had to make an adaptor for the fifthwheel hitch to go to a ball. The rest of the hitch is factor. I made no changes to the suspension running low profile 22.5 rubber. That Kodiak looks nice I would like to have one of those but it would be to long for my setup.

To the OP - sorry to bud in your thread.

Jumpy - Yes I like the Kodiak. SUPER road stability and turns far tighter than my 3/4 ton truck. I do wish it rode a little softer and had a touch more power. Otherwise it is perfect. I have considered moving up to a semi but I had to have a custom hauler bed built for my Kodiak in order to get it under the camper. I don't see how to get a semi under there. My Kodiak is also 4 x 4 which has come in VERY handy. Not sure I can give that and the turning radius up for the semi. But I keep thinking about it.

Not sure what you mean about mine being too long? I would bet my truck is shorter than yours. I have a 60 CA (cab / axle ratio).

Very nice setup.