View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 10:10 AM   #11
sonofcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
Just bought this and should pick it up Friday. It has a BIG residential 3 door fridge, 120V and battery ( 2 battery setup with inverter ). How long should the fridge stay on using just the batteries? Going to boondock at the Tampa Fairgrounds for the RV Show in Jan 2020 just for the day.

Newbee first 5th wheel and first truck. RV'ed many years with Class A's and Class C's but Wife Unit wanted MORE room..
I have a 2018 with a residential fridge. It uses 1.5kWh per 24 hour day. If you have a pair of Trojan T105's, you have 1.35kWh at 50% draw down (more than that is damaging to your battery and I even tried to keep it at 30%, it's just the way FLA batteries are) If you have dealer installed batteries you likely only have 0.9kWh of battery power. That would translate to 16 hours whereas the T105's will give you 21.6 hours. If you don't know how much power your fridge uses, get a Killawatt meter and measure it for a week or so. The meter will give you total kWh's used and run time, simple math gives you the 24 hour number. I am upgrading my rig for full time use and a lot of boondocking. 7.2kWh of Lithium batteries, about 1.36kWatts of solar and a complete AM Solar Victron setup re MPPT, 3,000 watt inverter with 50 amp passthrough and 120 amp charger plus all the usual Victron goodies. With this solar setup the limiting factor will be the black tank which we can use for 7 to 10 days.
sonofcy is offline   Reply With Quote