View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 07:03 PM   #38
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&DZ View Post
Danny,
You are correct that cost and weight reduction are the driving measures of the industry to meet the demand for products and far exceed product quality. This will most likely not change until market conditions and/or consumer expectations change. The sad thing is that adopting a few tried and true design fundamentals and quality procedures would drastically improve delivered product quality/reliability with very little impact to product cost.
I again agree, but maybe you or I should approach them and see if they want to hire us to implement those "quality/reliability" measures after we advise them in an interview that that is what our objective is...... Now, we are back to status quo and doing the best we can with what we have until the market slows down....maybe.

I also think that comparing your past with RV manufacturers is one of those apple/oranges things. When you rolled a product out your door that was the end of it...the customer was the next person with your product - the way it is with most things. In the RV world the dealer accepts the fact that they are going to get defects and agree to work with the manufacturer to correct those, at the dealership, prior to delivery to the customer; that is just a given norm in the RV industry and a huge problem for buyers. Not the same in other sales channels. I see lines of RVs sitting outside the repair bays; brand new ones awaiting being on the sale line, with untold issues that need to be repaired. It's the nature of the beast.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote