View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 05:23 PM   #36
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&DZ View Post
I do agree with many of the opinions voiced on this thread with one exception. I think as the RV buying community we are too fast to let the manufacturers off the hook for the level of product quality leaving the factory. I was a manufacturing operations professional for my entire 40+ year career, including positions as GM and COO for enterprises building electronics, solar products, contract manufacturing and hydrovac excavator bodies built on class 8 chassis. I would be embarrassed (and probably fired) if I allowed my factory to deliver the level of quality which is allowed by many of the RV manufacturers. It is inexcusable regardless of cost targets and price points!
Yes, and I agree, but what exactly is the resolution if they sell everything they can throw together as fast as they come out? The objective of the business is to churn out production because they are going to sell whatever comes out. Quality? Not in the mix because more time spent on the unit equals higher cost which loses every time in the marketplace.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote