Thread: Propane tanks
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2023, 10:29 AM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
I agree with you JRTJH. In my case, the "switch overs" have never failed. They do exactly what they are suppose to do. But it does take diligence to keep monitoring them so one doesn't find themselves "caught with their pants down" sort-of, and not expecting it, but find both empty at the same time.

I have always said, there is no "right" or "wrong" way to do "camping." We all just do it "different." There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I think the message here is ... if you are going to use the automatic "switch over", this is the one "risk" that constantly needs to be considered. Again ... be in-tune with your camper and everything will be fine! If you don't use the switch-over, the "risk" is ... well, getting up in the middle of a very cold rainy night and treking through ankle deep mud.
Exactly......

To me, the "art of the regulator's benefit" is "risk reduction"....

Using it and forgetting to check the regulator can mean a once every 2 or 3 year "gotcha".... (assuming you do occasionally remember to check the regulator) versus a "every 3 or 4 day event" if you forget to "wiggle the bottle when it's cold outside".... (or the penalty: taking half or quarter full propane tanks to the refill station)....

Again, there's no "right way that fits everybody".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote