View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #7
geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDRVers View Post
Thanks all! I didn't think about the b/u option in case something goes wrong with the living area AC. Saw more than half of the 5th wheels last weekend having the 2nd. Will def add the second. But, I'm assuming I will not need the 15000 BTU model like the rig is coming with and can go with a smaller unit as in 13500 or even as low as 9200 like the unit offered by Coleman. Although if something happens with the main AC, 9200 won't do the job.

Thanks again,

Fayne
Fayne -

On my Alpine, the rear A/C is a 15,000 BTU A/C heat pump and the bedroom is a 13,500 A/C only. Both are ducted into the ceiling ducts. However, the bedroom A/C can also be opened to flood the bedroom with cool air . . . directly straight down on the bed! Actually, the Chihuahuas love that! When running, I can tell that the front A/C is using around 10 to 12 amps, and the rear A/C is using around 15 amps . . . when running. Add about 5 amps on start up.

I would also like to suggest that you consider a dehumidifier. We have an EvaDry-2000. It does a very nice job of pulling humidity out of the air inside the Alpine. That will help reduce the condensation from the A/C units that drips down the front and back.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote