View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 09:07 AM   #1
P&DZ

Recent Cougar 21RBSWE Purchase

I became a forum member about a month ago and this is my first post. First I would like to congratulate members and hosts for running such a great forum!

We recently purchased a used 2012 Cougar 1/2 ton 21RBSWE. It was a one owner TT and appears to have been meticulously maintained. We are new to the world of TT's but not to camping as we have owned a Rockwood hard side A-Frame for a few years. Our intention is to upgrade to the larger Cougar TT for more comfortable accommodations on longer trips.

I have a few questions. If anyone has owned this particular TT and can provide any insights regarding service, maintenance, quirks (good and bad) I would be great full. The 1/2 ton Cougar brochure for 2012 lists all of the specs for this unit as TBD. I suspect it may have been the first year for this model. I have been able to determine the UVW (5230lbs) and GVWR (7200) but not the hitch weight. I can only assume it is 10 to 15%. I am also guessing at the fresh/grey/black tank capacities based on the 2013 model and calculations/conversions from the manufacturer sticker on the TT.

Last question. The purchase includes a Andersen WD hitch. I am not familiar with this style hitch which uses chains rather than fixed bars. Does anyone have experience with the Andersen hitch? The TV is a 2018 GMC 1500 5.3L with max tow package.
P&DZ is offline   Reply With Quote