View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 04:52 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

Water is the blank tank's friend, the more the better. As suggested a little Dawn will help after you drain and flush the tank add a few gallons of water and a good squirt of Dawn and it will agitate on the drive. A drop in tablet or liquid odor control if it's an issue. Never was a fan of the enzyme treatment while camping as there wasn't sufficient time before dumping. If it's going to set a week before the next trip it wouldn't hurt but I never found it necessary.

As a father of 2 girls (grown women now) with think long hair I used a shower drain hair catcher in the shower. That was a lesson learned from when they were very young. I would be picking hair out of the tub drain every month.

Regarding the kitchen sink, just keep in mind there's no disposal so don't wash "stringy" or fibrous things like corn silk down the drain. Wipe that material off the plates before washing. If you boil corn on the cob (sinful IMO, always grill it) don't throw the water in the sink. Take it outside after it's room temp and disperse on the ground.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote