View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 06:12 PM   #34
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66joej View Post
Danny this is by no means a commercial for Weber but we bought a 2200 with stand etal. DW does all the grilling I only do the "bullcook stuff". She starts it up and in about 15 minutes it's up to 450F. Maybe yours has a restriction in the orifice. This one sure beats the piece of crap that came with the TT. Been using it for years until the Weber. Happy wife happy life. I do the beverage duties and very good at it I must say.

Thanks Joe! What you describe is what I was expecting. It is brand new, out of the box and I'm so disappointed. I bring lots of good quality beef from TX when I come here simply because it is impossible to come by here. The performance of the Weber leaves me very much uncomfortable as a good grill. You can't use a gas grill that takes over an hour to reach 400 degrees. I can't believe that all the folks that love this grill wait that long to heat it up....and then, once opened...do we wait another hour for it to get back to "heat" level?

Just went out again and looked at it. Don't think there is a blocked orifice. It looks just like a 12k burner would look to me...kind of low. I do have the griddle on one side of the grill so that may make the temps a little off but...if that makes this thing "not cook", I have no use for it. Looking for any answers/thoughts. As most know, I have no patience for this kind of stuff...but not sure what the answer would be...unless I bought another Coleman, which seems a bit silly.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote