View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 05:44 AM   #6
americanrascal

Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog404 View Post
I have been trying to figure out how to get the gas water heater working on our new 2013 318sab. I, through reading here figured out the electric side of it but can not get the gas. I thought I understood what the service guy said but I most have missed something. This fifth wheel has the electronic control panel.

Thanks for the help superdog404
We picked up our 2013 318 SAB 2 months ago. Here are a few ideas, some of which may be listed before this so here goes, and I am sure you have covered most of this yourself already. If you have the electric element in the tank working already with plenty of hot water the gas side won't kick on until the tank demands the supplemental assistance for the gas. I am unclear if you have the electric side operating and have hot water already or not.

1. LP Gas tank has fuel and valves (tank and regulator on passenger side tank) turned to on position.

2. Hot water Tank is full of water

3. On master panel by door the hot water activation pressure switch is in the on position.

4. The tank has an electric element also with a small switch behind the water tank access panel door. If the rig is plugged in and the switch is in the on position it is already heating the tank- probably satisfying any need for gas heat (Be sure this switch is in the off position when not using the unit or when the tank is empty, or if you only want to use gas heat?)

5 If the Electric heating element is or has been on and the water is already hot the gas heating side if the tank will not come on until water temps in the tank demand the supplemental heating.

6. If the water is cold and the gas heat will still not ignite there may be air in the gas lines (especially if its been sitting for a while). Sometimes this can be overcome by activating the master panel switch over a series of minutes in sequence to purge the air on the gas lines.

7. Check your circuit breakers in the lower electric panel and make sure the breaker for the water heater electric element is on and working. While there check the fuse for the gas ignitor on the water heater and make sure its OK. You should either have electric heated water (if the gas side doesn't work) or gas heated water-- or both.

We had a good bit of air in our lines when we picked it up and it took a few minutes and attempts to purge them.

You have probably covered this already but just passing along just in case.

All the best.
americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote