View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 06:46 AM   #17
Snoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
OP, I had heard of Vantage trailers but I've not seen one or heard of anyone on this forum that has one. I could be wrong, or someone may have owned one but I don't recollect the trailer being in a signature of a member.

I think your questions about the Vantage may be several years too late. Looks like they were made 2012-13? A copy of the Airstream style, all fiberglass top to bottom, heavy, no room and more expensive. I may have just highlighted some of the reasons it met its demise. The field of potential buyers was small and I figure the trailer was more expensive to make to Keystone so it couldn't carry its weight. They have done that before. I was looking at a brand they had a few years back (for the life of me I can't remember the name) that was VERY nice, with slides, full fiberglass and paint. I think it met the same fate for the same reasons. The Keystone Cougar High Country I bought new was the same deal. It was very nice, upgraded all kinds of stuff but had sat on the lot for more than 6 months. The owner told me they could not move them because the price was in the 5th wheel range and that's what people would buy at that price point. Bought it the last day of Feb. 2014, had warranty work performed in August and the parts for it were already obsolete and the line discontinued.....

I thought the Vantage would be heavy also being fiberglass however a 35' 10" OAL trailer with a 8200 GVWR is a lite style trailer. Our little Laredo 225MK less than 27' OAL has a 8K GVWR.