View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 09:47 PM   #23
BookPaul74

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I was going to suggest much the same thing. I screwed a pulley into the steel framework over my battery box, use a hook on a HD nylon 1/4" rope and lift the battery clear of the box, then pull it forward to clear the box where I lower it onto a 2x6 that I lay at an angle from the ground to the box, resting on the lower lip of the compartment hatch. Then I just slide it down to the ground, take the rope and hook off the battery carrier and then I can "wrestle it most anywhere"... For me, it's almost impossible to life the battery out of the battery box, over the lip and then clear the compartment lip... My "body mechanics" just don't bend that way after all these years.
Great idea. I have a large table with casters to use for project and cookouts. With the fifth wheel on the concrete pad in front of the garage, it was just a little higher than the front compartment. I could put the batteries on the table then roll it underneath the overhang next to the opening. Slid them off the table and strong arm them into the box. Then I could slide them in the box to arrange them. Of course the last one I didn’t pay attention and had the terminals in the wrong configuration and the OCD kicked in.

I tried using a rope over the rod between the landing gear but it was bowing too much. Finally just did it with brute force and a lot of words.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C5B3DF8F-1658-4D62-8CAB-52C56A84EAE6.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	32272