Thread: X chocks
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 10:39 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

I bought a set of X-chocks because we had a "wobbly" trailer. I was trying to 'cheap out" by buying $75 worth of X-chocks rather than spending $250 for the "locking rod technology"... Right now, I've got a set of X-chocks sitting on a shelf in the garage and like Northofu1, I just haven't had time to get around to putting them on Craig's List or dragging them out to sell at DW's "annual garage sale"... Sooner or later, I'll get rid of them.

Why ???

When I used them, they helped "a little"...

Then, I decided I wanted more stability than I was getting with the X-chocks. That's when I "bit the bullet" and spent the $250 that I was trying to save... What I found, when I installed the BAL locking arm stabilizers was a "night and day difference" between the X-chocks and the BAL system.

For me, it's yet one more situation where "You simply don't know what you don't know" and to go a step further, "You won't be able to compare the "stability of X-chocks" to an unknown. It's a matter of, knowing part of the story but not knowing what's on the next page.... Until you experience the "lock arm technology" for yourself, there's no ability to know what you're missing....

No, I don't work for Norco or Lippert or any other RV accessory company, but after having both systems, X-chocks and BAL lock arms, I can say that I now know what I didn't know before and that's why the X-chocks are sitting in the garage and not taking up space in the fifth wheel.... For me, there is simply no comparison between stopping the wheels from turning and stabilizing the front and rear of the trailer frame. YMMV

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote