Thread: Dometic AC help
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 03:46 PM   #5
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Steve View Post
Jeeper, I have a similar TT to yours (202 LHS) with the 13.5K A/C unit and find that it has a difficult time in cooling above 100 degrees. I plan on upgrading to the 15K unit in the future. I have taken off the interior cover and taped everything to ensure that the most amount of conditioned air hits the inside of the TT. Mine has not cycled on / off like you describe, so you may have another issue like what John described. You might remove the cover on the roof and check the coils for dirt and clean as necessary and also clean the filters inside.

EDIT: Is yours a Coleman Mach? Is it thermostat controlled or manual?
I replaced the 13.5K BTU Dometic in my old Cougar with a 15K and the swap won't blow your socks off. I corrected the sealing in the vents and on the inside unit and put in 80 percent tint in the windows. I also use a 14K btu portable that exhausts out a window via a fitting I fabricated and our camper stays nice and cool in triple digits. I also have an old analog wall thermostat control that plugged into the old control in the downstairs part and thus I don't have to worry about all that in-command fun many experience or a digital thermostat which also has been know to be problematic.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote