View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 09:15 AM   #2
LewisB

We have a 2018 Raptor 353TS which is likely similar to your unit. I believe the Raptors all use the HappiJack bed lift systems (overhead bed with opposing couches/and/or bed on the bottom) in the garage. Here's a copy of the HappiJack bed lift system for our trailer, if it is any help.

Bed-Lift User Manual2012.pdf
  • Note on page 11 it lists the capacity FOR THE LIFT SYSTEM at 450# dynamic, 600# static load. (Since occupants will be rolling around, I've always assumed the load would be "dynamic".) Also note on this page, "These ratings are for the lifting mechanism only. Happijac does not manufacture and therefore does not rate any attachments, such as bed platforms, sofas, etc. Load ratings for these items would be the responsibility of the manufacturer."
  • The bed lift in the trailer has stickers with identical information but nothing on the actual bed platform.
  • The bed platforms (at least the lower couches) have Lippert component tags.
  • Between HappiJack, Lippert, and Keystone I would guess getting an official "rating" of the bed platforms might be pretty difficult.
I have yet to find any specific guidance in the "2018 Raptor Owner's Manual" which, IMHO, is a complete waste of trees

Bottom line: I use 450# total weight for both beds as the maximum allowable. That might be 2 adults, 4 kids, or some other combination. Hope that helps.
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote