View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 07:34 PM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksFam View Post
Well, I'm not a rocket scientist, but am a ME and have been the director of engineering at a Motorcoach manufacturer. I have never had trouble with an OEM ladder, but some have...…. I'm one of the lucky ones I guess......
If you're a ME and have been the director of engineering at a Motorcoach manufacturer, then you know the significant differences in safety standards, structural rigidity to meet rollover certification and passenger compartment crash resistance requirements that go into a motorhome, none of which is applicable to a "pull behind box" that's not certified for passenger use.... Comparing a motorhome with a fiberglass roof, 2" heavy duty aluminum tubing frame members that are braced and crossbraced, 1/4" fiberglass exterior walls chemically adhered to the frame structure to a "x-lite trailer frame" is apples and oranges or better, reality and hoped for durability.

There's no comparison in durability between a 0.031" wall thick ness 2" square tube and a 0.25" wall thickness 2" square tube.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote