View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 04:46 PM   #14
MerlinB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Is the Torklift the only solid step system that just folds up like the OEM?

Does it, or any other like it, bolt into the existing mounts on the trailer or does everything have to come out requiring new holes to be drilled etc.?

Ours are 22" steps and I have them covered with fabric attachments that help a lot with FL sand. Do those same type of accessories work on the aftermarket steps?
There may be others but the Torklift is the only one I am aware of. And, yes, it attaches to your existing step mounting plates. You can verify this by measuring between the plates your steps are attached to. It should be around 27-1/2 inches. When I removed the original steps I found there were three pairs of holes in the attachment plates. The original steps were bolted into the middle pair but I had to get the Torklift steps up higher and bolt them into the top pair.

The steps themselves are 22-1/2" wide and 8" deep. When they are folded up there is about 1" of space between the steps so I suppose you could attach the standard wrap around step rugs to them. I had them on my old steps but they were the curved style so they wouldn't work on the new steps. Anyway, I haven't really felt the need to put them on the new steps because I like the texture that is molded into the surface of the steps.

If you go to the Torklift web site it has instructions for measuring to determine exactly which steps you need to fit your rig. Hope this helps.

https://www.torklift.com/rv/glowstep-revolution

Disclaimer: I have no connection or interests in Torklift, just a satisfied customer.
2007.5 Ram 3500 DRW
MerlinB is offline   Reply With Quote