Thread: theft concern
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 05:34 AM   #6
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&T_NF-NY View Post
OK So far we really love our new RV (2017 Summerland 2200mb) It's now in storage for winter (western NY) how much should I worry about theft of the unit - it's in an enclosed storage locale with gate security / cameras lighted. With insurance already on it, how much precautions should I invest in ? Any ideas - experience is very appreciated. (ounce of prevention = etc..) Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlzach View Post
I'm sure your uncomfortable about it being away out of site. I know I would. I feel your pain!! I know its not always easy but look around or think of a family or friend who might be able to let you park it there. I know I would like that much better that a public storage lot. Its great you have insurance. But if it gets ruined it wont be fixed in time for the next camping season by the time you find the damage and losses it could be weeks after the event.
Good luck, lets just hope the people in your area have more respect.
I am sorry, I stored our 32' 5er in a Private storage lot for four years without issue. I state Private as opposed to Public, as it was gated, security cameras covered the whole yard, security code required for entry and exit, and on site watch person.

I never worried about the unit in this facility!

Storing at home is far less secure, do you have a locked fence around it?
Do you have a security camera system running 24/7/366?
Do you have a full time watch person 24/7/366?
The other part of storing at home, when it leaves, it alerts thieves that have been watching the area that you are gone!
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote