View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 04:05 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

The Keystone RV website doesn't have specs listed for the 252RL, it's all TBD meaning "to be determined". I found one model listed at a RV dealer in Dothan, AL with the following specs: Length 31' 10", Hitch Weight 735 lbs, Dry Weight 6500 lbs, Gross Vehicle Weight 9000 lbs.

Using the GVW as a guideline, the actual tongue weight (10-15%) will range from 900 - 1350 pounds. So, even with a "max tow" F150, depending on the year, payload, other equipment and hitch, you may be far "outclassed" by that trailer. As an example, the hitch probably has a weight limit of 1100/11,000 pounds, so your tongue weight could be more than your truck's maximum. While this may not be the situation, it's possible, so I'd make certain what you're buying BEFORE signing on the dotted line.

Considering the payload, when you deduct the tongue weight, hitch weight, passenger weight, you may find that your F150 is overloaded before you put any cargo in the bed, a cap or tonneau cover on the bed, or even a tool box in the bed.

That's a pretty large trailer for any half ton truck, not because the EcoBoost motor can't pull it, but because the truck suspension/frame can't carry the load.

I'd urge you to do some serious "number crunching" before committing to that trailer. You may find that you've bit off more than you can chew, and that's not a comfortable place to be with a new truck payment and a new trailer payment.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote