View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 03:22 AM   #14
Goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
That's not a lot different then the arrangement I'm been using the past 4 times out with my FloJet macerator. I'm more then happy as the black tank has always been a slow draining one even though it has no blockage - yeah, I stuck my hand in there when I added better level sensors and fixed a tiny valve outlet seal ring leak.

The line up is a common Valterra secondary gate valve, a clear 6" and a 45* clear section then the grinder. The macerator works great, I have to add but the back flush gadget really finishes the job. It almost appears that I'm getting 'stuff' out of that black tank that has been there since new.

The cleaning action isn't so much that straight on water pressure blasts the paper, etc. from tank walls and whatever is hanging on the level sensors but that it puts gallons of water in the tank and creates a swirl action much like a washing machine and that peels whatever is stuck, off. With that back flush, have only used the installed spray gadget once and that didn't add a bit of 'stuff' leaving the tank.

The Macerator sounds cool just by the name alone. Yeah, I get that it's probably not high water pressure that does the trick. I just assumed the water pressure may be a bit higher than it is. Once I filled my black tank I let it sit for a little while and then flushed it out and that's when I started seeing all kinds brown beauties come whizzing by. Clumps of toilet paper too which is probably older stuff because we really don't like to flush TP down the toilet. For the money, the Dual Flush Pro is outstanding and anytime I am on sewer hookup while camping, I will be flushing my black tank several times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just want to go camping.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote