View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 04:09 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

The picture is my "old" tow vehicle. The new one isn't posted yet, but will be in a couple of days. I'm waiting for the new fifth wheel to be delivered Friday. Once it's hooked up and ready to tow, I'll take a couple of pictures of it and change my sig photo.

There are a lot of Ford superduty tow trucks used by forum members, probably an equal number of Dodge HD trucks and also a number of GMC/Chevrolet HD trucks. I think most people are satisfied with their tow vehicle regardless of brand. Most prefer one specific truck manufacturer and find comfort in knowing it's what they prefer.

I think all three manufacturers of HD trucks make a great product and it's mainly personal preference that decides what goes in front of your new RV. One thing I'd caution you on is the "half ton" designation of your new RV, at 32' in length, it takes a pretty tall "half ton" to tow it. Most would elect a 3/4 ton. Do a search for tow trucks and you'll find some pretty "spirited" conversations about half ton vs HD trucks as well as some valid comments supporting both sides of that controversy. I'm a "recent convert" to HD towing. Our previous rig was a half ton/fifth wheel which performed very well, however we elected to trade up to a larger fifth wheel and thought a beefier truck would meet our needs better.

Again, welcome to the forum and we look forward to hearing from you as you continue your search. If you have any questions, feel free to start a thread in the appropriate section to get answers (and opinions) from the membership's experience.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote