View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 04:14 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HppyCmprs View Post
Hi all! My hubby and I are upgrading/downsizing from a 2008 Hy-Line Pinecreek 31BH TT to a 2013 Montana Mountaineer 29RLT beginning of August. We're waiting for the Undermount Reese Elite Series 18K slider to come in (been on BO for a couple of weeks, now...it's OEM on the new Ford Super Duties). Loved our TT, but can't wait to get in our 5ver! We plan on working from the road part of the year from it...would love any advice from you all. Love the layout, just hope it will be big enough...looks like most of you have longer coaches!

Good Morning HppyCmprs and to the forum. You say that you're waiting for the Reese Elite 18K hitch. Apparently it's to fit the new Ford underbed fifth wheel prep kit? If so, and if you're inclined to save about $1200, Reese also makes an adapter plate that fits the Ford option. It's available at most RV hitch shops that carry Reese components and also online at various sources. It is the Reese 30156 Rail Kit Mounting Adapter. It allows you to adapt any conventional fifth wheel hitch to the Ford option without having to buy the expensive hitch.

I bought my adapter plate at Amazon.com for less than $300 and used my existing fifth wheel hitch.

I bring this up only as an option to consider if your hitch is on back order and not available.

Again, welcome to the forum and good luck with your new "smaller upgrade"

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote